A Kit Bag to Promote Positive Behaviour – Trauma Informed Approach (Live Online Training)
£89.00 + VAT
Course: 2 hour live online training
The ‘Kit Bag to Promote Positive Behaviour – Trauma Informed Approach’ training course is bursting with tried and tested practical ideas and positive behaviour support strategies to improve relationships and behaviour within your school and/or classroom. Trauma can change the behaviour of children and young people in relation to learning, relationships, attendance as well as following expectations. This course therefore will focus on setting up effective and consistent trauma informed practice and approaches to create a positive learning environment and help students understand and manage their behaviour.
- • Understanding of how trauma may impact student behaviour;
- • Understand positive behaviour support in relation to trauma informed practice;
- • Devise approaches to minimise low-level to challenging behaviour;
- • Explore the importance of positive language;
- • Engage in positive talk to reduce confrontation;
- • Look at different ways to respond to the behaviour;
- • Learn dynamic strategies to effectively deal with low-level and challenging behaviour;
- • Practice techniques to de-escalate low-level to challenging behaviour;
- • Build successful teacher-student relationships;
- • Look at the research behind positive reinforcement;
- • Practice ways to positively reinforce.
Live Online Course
Aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with students during and post COVID-19 and are looking for trauma informed approaches to support and manage behaviour. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant,pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
|Date and Location|
13th July 2020 1:00pm – 3:00pm, 28th July 2020 1:00pm – 3:00pm