A Step-By-Step Approach: Becoming A Trauma Informed School
£185.00 + VAT
Course Online via Zoom.
Start 9:30am – Finish 3:00pm.
The becoming a trauma informed school training course is designed to provide participants with a step-by-step guide on becoming a trauma informed school. During the day, key skills and strategies will be looked at to help support students who suffer with traumaand/or mental health concerns so that they are able to engage in life and learning. Information will be given to enhance participants’ knowledge and understanding around childhood trauma and how to further develop the school ethos. They will leave with reassuringly uncomplicated strategies and techniques including a whole school approach.
‘There is evidence that appropriately-trained and supported staff such as teachers, school nurses, counsellors, and teaching assistants can achieve results comparable to those achieved by trained therapists in delivering a number of interventions addressing mild to moderate mental health problems (such as anxiety, conduct disorder, substance use disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder)’ Government’s Green Paper ‘Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision’ (December 2017)
- • Gain knowledge of the main facts and figures around trauma;
• Understand the impact traumahas on a student’s learning;
• Introduce different assessment tools to help support students;
• Develop effective relational and conversational skills in line with trauma informed practice;
• Look at interventions for individuals and groups;
• Understand the impact on the whole school including approaches;
• Unpick a trauma informed schools relationship school policy;
• Create a plan to address the four fundamental areas of being a trauma informed school, these are Protect, Relate, Regulate and Reflect;
• Ways to support school staff to prevent them suffering from toxic stress or experiencing secondary trauma.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to become a trauma informed school. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want t make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
|Date and Location|
19th November 2020 Online