Staff Wellbeing Matters! Practical and effective ways to promote staff wellbeing, mental health and cultivate a healthy school culture
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
9:30am – 3:00pm
The staff wellbeing matters training course is designed to provide participants with practical and empowering strategies which provide a proactive and preventative approach. The training includes key information and experiential learning and involves practising wellbeing techniques that can be applied personally, within a staff team and across the whole school or organisation.
With teaching and non-teaching staff workload increasing by the day and renewed responsibilities, reforms and demands from Government and school inspection bodies (Ofsted/Estyn), it is crucial that schools now need to prioritise teacher wellbeing in order to ensure staff are physically and mentally prepared to enable the school meets its obligations.
Course objectives for you:
• Understand the meaning of wellbeing and positive mental health;
• Develop a deeper understanding of resilience;
• Look at ways to reduce stress and anxiety;
• Practice strategies and techniques for 5 ways to wellbeing;
• Use a range of time and task planning tools in order to stay on top of priorities and remain flexible to changing priorities;
• Manage difficult situations effectively and stress free;
• Develop a wellbeing action plan to improve your own wellbeing.
Course objectives for your school:
• Create a whole school approach to effectively manage staff wellbeing and mental health;
• Unpick a staff school wellbeing and mental health policy;
• Implement effective strategies to promote staff wellbeing and workplace wellbeing;
• Develop a model of reflective practice for staff;
• Identify and support members of staff who are feeling stressed and/or anxious;
• Explore resilience-building techniques and their potential impact on staff wellbeing;
• Explore the link between staff and student emotional wellbeing.
“Very interactive and enjoyable. Not like some boring courses where you zone out! Also, inspiring content and lots of practical ideas.”
“I really needed this training today! It’s made me realise that I need need to arrange this Wellbeing training for my whole school staff. Thank you so much. I’ll be in touch.”
“Enjoying the opportunity to listen and learn and talk about improving health and wellbeing for myself and my workplace.”
“Great day reflecting on well -being for ourselves and our teachers!”
Aimed at whole school staff as well as anyone who is looking to implement and/or develop wellbeing in order to support school staff. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, mental health lead, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Mid-morning and afternoon breaks will be given to make the day comfortable and enjoyable. An hour will be scheduled for lunch.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
We will send you a pack in the post with a £10 gift voucher for lunch, a treat for break time, all handouts and activity packs. These will also be sent as a digital editable version during the session if you need
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is available as INSET / In-house training. Email us on email@example.com for further information.
|Date and Location||
12th October 2021, 15th April 2021, 22nd June 2021, 23rd February 2021, 24th November 2021