Staff Wellbeing Matters! Practical and effective ways to promote staff wellbeing, mental health and cultivate a healthy school culture
£265.00 + VAT
The staff wellbeing matterstraining course is designed to provide participants with practical and empowering strategies which provide a proactive and preventative approach. The trainingincludes key information and experiential learning and involves practising wellbeing techniques that can be applied personally, within a staff team and across the whole school or organisation.
With teaching and non-teaching staff workload increasing by the day and renewed responsibilities, reforms and demands from Government and school inspection bodies (Ofsted/Estyn), it is crucial that schools now need to prioritise teacher wellbeing in order to ensure staff are physically and mentally prepared to enable the school meets its obligations.
Course objectives for you:
- • Understand the meaning of wellbeing and positive mental health;
- • Develop a deeper understanding of resilience;
- • Look at ways to reduce stress and anxiety;
- • Practice strategies and techniques for 5 ways to wellbeing;
- • Use a range of time and task planning tools in order to stay on top of priorities and remain flexible to changing priorities;
- • Manage difficult situations effectively and stress free;
- • Develop a wellbeing action plan to improve your own wellbeing.
Course objectives for your school:
- • Create a whole school approach to effectively manage staff wellbeing and mental health;
- • Unpick a staff school wellbeing and mental health policy;
- • Implement effective strategies to promote staff wellbeing and workplace wellbeing;
- • Develop a model of reflective practice for staff;
- • Identify and support members of staff who are feeling stressed and/or anxious;
- • Explore resilience-building techniques and their potential impact on staff wellbeing;
- • Explore the link between staff and studentsemotional wellbeing.
Aimed at whole school staff as well as anyone who is looking to implement and/or develop wellbeing in order to support school staff. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, mental health lead, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
|Date and Location|
12th May 2020 – Leeds, 18 June 2020 – London, 18th May 2020 – Cardiff, 23rd June 2020 – Birmingham