Creating an Outstanding Teaching Assistant
£185.00 + VAT
Times : 9:30am – 3:00pm
The ‘Creating an Outstanding Teaching Assistant’ training course is designed to develop participant’s understanding of the TA’s role and identify key strategies and techniques to aid learning in the classroom. Through practical activities and discussions, the training will unpick what is meant by an outstanding Teaching Assistant and how the role can make a real difference to students’ progress.
Time will be spent discussing the role of the TA as well as the opportunity to self-assess where participants are currently in relation to the Teaching Assistant standards as well as the current research and results-driven initiatives. Participants will share good practice and take away development around effective communication both with staff and students to ensure on-going success.
• Have clear understanding of the Teaching Assistant’s role;
• Unpick the standards required as a Teaching Assistant;
• Communicate effectively with the teacher and support planning;
• Create clear and simple strategies for effective questioning;
• Develop ideas for support and design effective resources;
• Understand own performance and challenges as well as resources and research to develop the role;
• Plan in advance to maximise effective support within the classroom.
Live Online Training
This course is targeted at teaching assistants in early years, primary and secondary school.
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:15pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Mid-morning and afternoon breaks will be given along with an hour break for lunch to make the day comfortable and enjoyable.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
We will send you a pack in the post with a £10 gift voucher for lunch, a treat for break time, and all handouts and activity packs that you’ll need. These will also be sent as a digital editable version during the session. We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
|Date and Location||
12th March 2021, 15th June 2021