Effective Ways of Delivering Live Online Training Course
£89.00 + VAT
Course time 9:00am – 12:30pm
This training will be delivered via Zoom
Techniques to engage effectively with learners, staff and parents online
Are you looking for ways to:
• bring the best out of your audience by offering them an excellent online training experience?
• promote learning and engagement online?
• facilitate effective and motivating meetings with staff/parents?
In the wake of COVID-19 many schools, colleges, universities and local authorities have moved courses, training and meetings online. This transition has been challenging for everyone involved, therefore extra effort and creativity is needed to engage learners, staff and parents to help them stay engaged amid distractions at home.
The aim of this half day Effective Ways of Delivering Live Online Training course is designed to increase the skills and confidence of teaching/non-teaching staff and group-leaders to engage with participants through the use of interactive online tools. There are lots of practical exercises for participants to learn how to annotate a picture, work in breakout rooms, answer and create a quiz in Mentimeter, hide your desktop icons, answer a quiz in Socrative and create a joint Padlet bulletin board.
This session will look at how to include and devise online games, quizzes and other activities that promote learning and involvement. We will be looking at how learners can collaborate and jointly annotate diagrams, use the whiteboard and get learners to work in smaller groups using the breakout rooms feature. We will also look at how to use mobile phones; to vote in polls, answer online questions, and promote feedback.
The training will be divided into three sections, Preparation, Presentation and Getting Active.
• Choosing the right platform i.e. Zoom, Blackboard or Teams
• Look at ways to optimise equipment for online training
• Confidently set up equipment and security
• Understand the benefits of using dual screens compared to a single screen
• Promote top tips for online etiquette and safe practice
• Look at ways to ensure duty of care and safeguarding
• Consider the benefits of cabled connections over wifi
• Trouble-shoot problems
• How to use PowerPoint and share your screen
• Ways of controlling and developing the learning environment
• Look at simple but effective ways to improve audience engagement
• Consider plug in’s and add on’s such as Slido, Socrative, Mentimeter, Padlet, and Ahaslides,
• Look at ways to collaborate and annotate diagrams
• Understand how to use features like the whiteboard, breakout rooms and chat
• Create polls, interactive quizzes, feedback and how to access via mobile phone and computer
• Ways to use online games, quizzes and other activities to promote interaction
• Create interesting and effective resources
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with children, young people, staff or parents who want to develop greater confidence and skill in delivering online learning, training and/or meetings.
Jon has been delivering safeguarding training for almost a decade and has been described as a digital evangelist.
Handout will be emailed to you on the day along with links etc.
|Date and Location||
15th January 2021, 17th February 2021, 29th January 2021