Working with Uncooperative & Hostile Parents
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
9:30am – 3:00pm Live online training
The Working with Uncooperative & Hostile Parents training course is designed to support and skill-up school staff and practitioners who support children/young people whose parents can be uncooperative, avoidant, hostile and aggressive. The training will use a wide range of learning techniques including scenarios, experiential learning, and exercises and sharing of experiences. Participants will leave the course with information, strategies, techniques to effectively work with difficult parents.
• Understand why some parents can display uncooperative, avoidant, hostile and aggressive behaviour;
• Practice ways to respond to difficult behaviour;
• Look at ways to deal with aggression and hostility;
• Understand what disguised compliance is and ways to identify and counteract;
• Look at effective conversations;
• Plan for persuasive discussions and to make sure that parents feel listened to, even in the most difficult of circumstances;
• Prepare for the interaction and stay responsive not reactive during difficult moments;
• How to ensure that the parents feel listened to and taking their point of view into consideration;
• Ways to create voluntary collaboration, cooperation or compliance;
• The issues will be explored and solutions sought so participants can go away with practical solutions to use in their practice.;
• Look at ways to keep yourself safe.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with parents and families who want to develop greater confidence and skills. Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, family support worker, designated safeguarding lead, education welfare officer, pastoral support, supervisor, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, school receptionist, pastoral lead teacher, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
16th November 2021, 18th June 2021, 20th May 2021, 23rd September 2021, 2nd March 2021