The Role of the Family Engagement Officer – Level 1
£230.00 + VAT
Registration: 9:00 am – 9:30 am
Course: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
The ‘Role of the Family Engagement Officer’s’ training course is designed to provide a deeper understanding into the holistic work of the family support worker. This step-by-step trainingwill take you through essential skills needed to develop family engagement through effective procedures, ensuring positive outcomes aimed at raising standards,improving attendance and behaviour as well asbridging the gap between home, school and the community.
The course includes a copy of the Family Engagement Officer’s Toolkit (if bought separate £295+VAT)
- • Understand the role and responsibility of thefamily support worker;
- • Develop a job description which encompasses the role;
- • Look at the different types of parental involvement and how parental involvement affects student achievement;
- • Ways to create an environment to promote positive relationships between home and school and increase parental
- • Look atparental involvement in education policies;
- • Help identify through research into parental involvement how to overcome barriers to engaging parents;
- • Look at ways to engage hard to reach/ difficult to engage families;
- • Gain the knowledge and tools to move your parental engagement agenda forwards;
- • Develop ways to enable you to evaluate and demonstrate the impact of your work on school outcomes;
- • Prepare for inspection;
- • Understand the key elements of an effective toolkit to increaseparental engagement;
- • Gain knowledge of key CPD training essential for the role;
- • Understand the importance of supervision, health and well-being.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with parents and families whowant to develop greater confidence and skills in working in the field of family engagement.
Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, family support worker, designated safeguarding lead, education welfare officer, pastoral support, supervisor, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, school receptionist,pastoral lead teacher, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
“Brilliant, informative and valuable. Easy to understand and well run course. Would recommend to others.”
“Excellent training, I have learnt so much and have lots to think about and action – lone worker policy, supervision, improving paperwork etc. I feel very motivated to continue/improve my role. definitely look at my job description.”
“Really informative – so useful as this is a new role for me – it was invaluable.”
“It was an interesting and engaging course that has huge relevance for many different roles within an education setting. Great course.”
“Fantastic! Nicola is so knowledgeable and the content was fast-paced. Have got lots of work to do and now fell equipped for the road ahead. Thanks!”
“Fantastic! I’m ready for this new role! Knowledge is power – power to be shared!”
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
|Date and Location|
11th March 2020 – London, 17th March 2020 – Cardiff