The Role of the Pastoral Lead Course – Live Online
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
9:00am – 3:00pm – Live online
The ‘Role of the Pastoral Lead’ training course is designed to provide a deeper understanding into the holistic work of the pastoral lead. This training provides information and practical ideas you can start using right away with renewed confidence and enthusiasm. The course concentrates on the key skills needed for the role and will support and develop knowledge and understanding around key issues such as wellbeing, attendance and punctuality, self-esteem, behaviour, hard to reach families, mental health and LGBT issues.
- • Understand the role of the pastoral lead;
- • Explore what is pastoral care;
- • Create and share a vision for an effective pastoral system within your school;
- • Effective ways to manage wellbeing, building self-esteem and building a whole-school approach to pastoral care;
- • Understand excellent pastoral care for students;
- • Understand how to build and develop an effective team;
- • Look at practical strategies for managing behaviour and preventing school exclusions;
- • Proven ways of working with parents and families and engaging hard to reach families;
- • Identify mental health issues and effective intervention;
- • Look at ways to support for students struggling with gender identity and LGBT issues in an inclusive environment.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students in a pastoral role who want to develop greater confidence and skills in working in the field of the school’s pastoral lead.
Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff pastoral lead and pastoral lead teacher.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
10th June 2021 – SOLD OUT, 26th March 2021, 26th May 2021, 2nd December 2021, 30th September 2021