The Role of the Pastoral Lead Course
This course could be delivered at your school / organisation. Contact us for more detail.
The role if the pastoral lead training course is designed to provide a deeper understanding into the holistic work of the pastoral lead. This training provides information and practical ideas you can start using right away with renewed confidence and enthusiasm. The course concentrates on the key skills needed for the role and will support and develop knowledge and understanding around key issues such as wellbeing, attendance and punctuality, self-esteem, behaviour, hard to reachfamilies, mental health and LGBT issues.
- • Understand the role of the pastoral lead;
- • Explore what is pastoral care;
- • Create and share a vision for an effective pastoral system within your school;
- • Effective ways to manage wellbeing, building self-esteem and building a whole-school approach to pastoral care;
- • Understand excellent pastoral care for students;
- • Look at ways to implement effective coachingand mentoring systems;
- • Understand how to build and develop an effective team;
- • Look at practical strategies for managing behaviour and preventing school exclusions;
- • Proven ways of working with parents and families and engaging hard to reach families;
- • Identify mental health issues and effective intervention;
- • Look at ways to support for students struggling with gender identity and LGBT issues in an inclusive environment.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students in a pastoral role whowant to develop greater confidence and skills in working in the field of the school’s pastoral lead.
Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staffpastoral leadand pastoral lead teacher.
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation