The Explosive Pupil! Anger Management for Schools and Colleges
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
Live Online Training 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Includes a 10-session programme for managing student’s anger
The ‘Explosive Pupil Anger Management’ training course is designed to give participants an insight into the characteristics and psychology of anger and explore and understand potential triggers. As well as this course provides them with tools, techniques and practical strategiesto safely manage and deal with certain students and situations.
The course also includes a 10-session programme* is an easy to follow and set up anger management classeseither in school/college or anger management classes online
using definitive step-by-step instructions. The programme is full of anger management exercises designed to help individual or groups of students understand and manage their anger and behaviour. The pack also included a selection of anger management worksheets.
• Understand the importance of recognising and managing anger;
• Gain an insight into anger and why it happens;
• Look at ways to overcome the anger reflex;
• Explore a range of strategies for dealing with anger and confrontation;
• Understand the Time Intensity Model and implement strategies at key points;
• Explore ways to de-escalate challenging behaviour;
• Managing your responses and using body language effectively;
• Understand personal responses to situations involving conflict, aggression and violence;
• Unpick the 10-session programme;
• Look at ways to teach and support students so they can learn how to:
– express feelings rather than act them out
– change their angry responses
– ask for what they want
– practice new ways of doing things
– embed new ways of looking at things
– manage anger when confronted with emotional situations.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to understand anger management in more detail and learn ways to help students understand and manage their feelings and responses. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“Excellent, I have learnt a lot of different ways in which to control anger. It was very interactive and fun. The 10 session program will be perfect to run my school.”
“Brilliant at last strategy/input for 1 to 1 and small group work. So excited to get started. Learned so much, feel empowered.”
“Excellence course with many valuable tools and ideas to promote anger management. Presented in a very inspirational way. Fantastic, thank you.”
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want t make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
13th October 2021, 16th June 2021, 23rd April 2021, 8th December 2021