Managing Difficult People Effectively
The ‘Dealing with Difficult People’ training course is designed to help those who want to develop greater confidence and skill in dealing with difficult people at work. The course aims to equip participants, whether they are dealing with parents, colleagues, supervisors or students – with a set of practical tools to handle these “tricky” situations effectively.
• Recognise classic profiles of difficult people and implement strategies for handling them.
• Develop specific strategies for conflict resolution.
• Create a calmer environment.
• How to deal with difficult people and keep calm when under attack.
• Deal with special requests.
• Deliver bad news effectively.
• Handle complaints and grievances more effectively.
• Develop communication skills.
• Handle aggressive behaviour.
• Receive and deliver constructive feedback
• Shrug off the negative and not take things personally.
• React to the message and not the messenger.
• Develop Influencing and negotiation skills to facilitate resolutions.
• Recognise our own part in causing difficult behaviour and where we might be someone else’s difficult person.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with staff and parents whowant to develop greater confidence and skill in dealing with difficult people at work
Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, business manager, family support worker, SENCO, special education teacher, bursars, school PAs (personal assistants), designated safeguarding lead, school governors, education welfare officer, pastoral support, pastoral lead teacher, supervisor, school receptionist, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
“Excellent – thank you. Thought provoking. Balance of theory and practice. Clear and well structured. Fun and varied. Comfortable environment. Wonderful food and refreshments.”
“Absolutely fantastic course, really enjoyed it. Excellent trainer in delivering the course in a friendly and fun but informative way. I have learnt new skills that I can take away and hopefully practice.”
“A very effective training course, delivered in a very engaging way. The strategies will be very useful and all information was highly relevant. Thank you.”
“Fantastic, it’s given me lots of ideas and strategies. I can use in the class with parents and with staff, especially moving forward into my new role as deputy head. Engaging and purposeful, can really make changes around the school.”