Live Online Course – ‘Managing Difficult People Effectively During COVID-19’
£89.00 + VAT
Course: 9:30am – 12:30pm
The gradual reopening of schools will potentially trigger feelings of worry, anxiety or concerns form staff and parents and the way they communicate these may be perceived as difficult behaviour. During times of crisis it is important that difficult situations are dealt with in a way to build and repair relationships and this course is intended to do just that!
The ‘Dealing with Difficult People’ training is designed to help those who want to develop greater confidence and skill in dealing with difficult people at work. The course aims to equip participants, whether they are working with parents, colleagues or supervisors – with a set of practical tools to handle these “tricky” situations effectively and empathetically.
- • How to deal with difficult peopleand keep calm when under attack;
- • Develop specific strategies for conflict resolution;
- • How to create a calmer environment;
- • Ways to deal with special requests;
- • Effective ways to deliver bad news effectively;
- • How to handle complaints and grievances;
- • Practice communication skills;
- • Practical ways to handle aggressive behaviour;
- • Ways to shrug off the negative and not take things personally;
- • Develop Influencing andnegotiation skills to facilitate resolutions;
- • Recognise our own part in causing difficult behaviour and where we might be
someone else’s difficult person.
Online course via Zoom
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with staff and parents whowant to develop greater confidence and skill in dealing with difficult people at work
Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, business manager, family support worker, SENCO, special education teacher, bursars, school PAs (personal assistants), designated safeguarding lead, school governors, education welfare officer, pastoral support, pastoral lead teacher, supervisor, school receptionist, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
“Excellent – thank you. Thought provoking. Balance of theory and practice. Clear and well structured. Fun and varied. Comfortable environment. Wonderful food and refreshments.”
“Absolutely fantastic course, really enjoyed it. Ellen was excellent in delivering the course in a friendly and fun but informative way. I have learnt new skills that I can take away and hopefully practice.”
“A very effective training course, delivered in a very engaging way.The strategies will be very useful and all information was highly relevant. Thank you.”
“Fantastic,it’s given me lots of ideas and strategies. I can use in the class with parents and with staff, especially moving forward into my new role as deputy head. Engaging and purposeful, can really make changes around the school.”
|Date and Location|
24th July 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, 24th June 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, 7th July 2020 9:30am – 11:30am