Family Growth Mindset Scheme Course
This course could be delivered at your school / organisation. Contact us for more detail.
The Family Growth Mindset Scheme is designed to promote growth mindset within the home environment to raise standards and aspirations of children/young people and families in order to boost the potential of all students within school. This is the next effective step after implementing the mindset theory of Professor Carol Dweck in your school to ensure sustainability and outcomes.
This course is also appropriate for participants who have no prior knowledge of growth mindset and are looking for an effective tool in working in partnership with parents to increase parental involvement.
- • Understand the mindset theory of Professor Carol Dweck;
- • Unpick how growth mindset can increase student achievement;
- • Gain a deeper understanding of resilienceand practical ways to develop student resilience;
- • Give effective ways to use the scheme, for example with ‘hard to reach’ families;
- • Share tried and tested ways to improve attendance and uptake of the scheme;
- • Provide practical and realistic ways to implement the scheme at home;
- • Follow a step-by-step approach to introduce the scheme’s key areas
(see Family Growth Mindset Scheme pack below).
This course includes a copy of the Family Growth Mindset Scheme*
*Family Growth Mindset Scheme pack and CD worth £295+VAT
Family Growth Mindset Scheme includes:
- • Practical ways for the family topositively reinforce their child so that they feel motivated;
- • Effective questions for the family to use as an alternative to praise;
- • Practical ways for the family to improve behaviour and motivation to learn;
- • Tools to establish family members’ mindset;
- • Effective ways for the family to deliver feedback in order to motivate and build resilience;
- • A structured bank of fun and exciting activities for the family to promote and develop motivation, effort, resilience
Click here to see more about the pack
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with parents and families whowant to increase parental involvement and develop growth mindsetapproach and positive attitudes to learning at home.
Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, family support worker, designated safeguarding lead, education welfare officer, pastoral support, supervisor, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, school receptionist,mental health lead, pastoral lead teacher, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
Click here to see more about the course
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation