Family Engagement Officer’s Toolkit
By Nicola S Morgan
Family Engagement Officers (FEOs) work in partnership with families, parents, carers and pupils in a school context, helping to improve behaviour and attendance and to overcome barriers to learning so that parents can increase their involvement in their child’s education, both at school and at home.
The role of the FEO varies greatly depending on the school’s needs. The toolkit is full of information and resources to enable the FEO to work effectively with the school’s senior management team, staff, pupils and parents to prioritise the approaches that will make a positive difference to all concerned.
The Family Engagement Officer’s Toolkit will help the FEO to:
- Clearly define their role within the school
- Create a parent involvement policy
- Engage effectively with parents
- Record levels of parental engagement
- Coordinate, record and document meetings
- Provide guidelines for home visits
- Organise parenting initiatives
Folder and CD Format
Suitable for early years, primary, secondary schools and colleges
Cost £99 + VAT for handbook and CD
Postage and packaging £9.99