Understanding Dyslexia For School Staff
£185.00 + VAT
Live online training 9:30am – 3:00pm
The Understanding Dyslexia training is an essential course designed for teachers and other professionals who want to further develop their knowledge of dyslexia. Did you know10% of the UK population has Dyslexia that’s approximately 6.3 million people and 1 in 6 adults have a reading age of an eleven-year-old? Knowing this clearly demonstrates why this is an essential course for anyone working within education.
During the course participants will not only further develop their understanding and knowledge of dyslexia, but will leave with reassuringly uncomplicated strategies to enable students to enjoy lessons and succeed in class.
• Understand what is dyslexia;
• Gain more knowledge and understanding about dyslexia including, history, research and characteristics (including challenges and strengths);
• Improve knowledge around dyslexia and neurodiversity;
• Recognise the co-morbidity and diagnostic process;
• Gain an awareness of visual stress;
• Understand the link between dyslexia and mental health;
• Develop anunderstanding of the key interventions and strategies available;
• Explore links to supporting parents and staff;
• Work through a selection of case studies to further develop understanding.
Aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with students looking to further develop their understanding and knowledge of dyslexia. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.