The Role of the School Mental Health Lead
£240.00 – £275.00 + VAT
Registration: 9:00 am – 9:30 am
Course: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
The Government Green Paper ‘Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision’ plans for every school and college to have a designated lead in mental health by 2025. The designated lead will be a trained member of staff who is responsible for the school’s approach to mental health.
This Mental Health Lead training course is designed to meet this requirement by providing you with a clear understanding of the role of the school mental health lead. This step-by-step coursewill take you through essential skills needed to develop a multidisciplinary, whole systems approach through effective practice procedures to ensure the improvement of wellbeing and mental health in schools. This course also includes a free copy of the Mental Health Lead Toolkit*.
Mental Health Lead Toolkit worth £49.99+VAT*
Following the course you will be asked to complete a school-based audit on mental health and wellbeing which is analysed, assessed by our expert consultant who will give feedback and advise on a way forward.
• Understand the current expectations of the designated mental health lead role;
• Provide framework for developing an action plan;
• Help staff to identify students who show signs of mental health issues;
• Ways to up skill staff regarding the importance of mental health and wellbeing;
• Create effective communication with external agencies including CAMHSto ensure successful referrals and support;
• Understand the importance of the Mental Health Lead’s supervision, health and well-being;
• Gain knowledge of key CPD training essential for the role;
• Understand the key elements of an effective toolkit to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
The Mental Health Lead Toolkit includes:
- • Clearly define the mental health lead role within the school
• Create a school mental health policy;
• Record student concerns and interventions;
• Engage effectively with parents to support their child’s mental health;
• Coordinate, record and document meetings.
TBC also available as INSET / In-house training at your school / organisation. Contact us for further details.
Aimed at anyone who is interested in becoming the school’s designated mental health lead.
If you have attended the mental health first aid course or similar courses this is a potential next step in your training.
“Excellent! I found this role so daunting but this has given me clear aims to help me tackle becoming the Mental Health Lead head on!”
“Great session – highly informative! I feel very well equip to approach my head and discuss me confidently taking on this role!”
“Excellent from start to finish – excellent toolkit I can fully utilise within my organisation.”
“I can adapt the training and resources straight away! Best kind of training!”
|Date and Location|
18th June 2020 -London, 22nd May 2020 – Cardiff, 23rd October 2020 – Birmingham