The Role of the School Mental Health Lead
£185.00 – £215.00 + VAT
Course Online via Zoom.
Start 9:30am – Finish 3:00pm.
The Government Green Paper ‘Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision’ plans for every school and college to have a designated lead in mental health by 2025. The designated lead will be a trained member of staff who is responsible for the school’s approach to mental health.
This Mental Health Lead training course is designed to meet this requirement by providing you with a clear understanding of the role of the school mental health lead. This step-by-step course will take you through essential skills needed to develop a multidisciplinary, whole systems approach through effective practice procedures to ensure the improvement of wellbeing and mental health in schools. This course also includes a free copy of the Mental Health Lead Toolkit*.
Mental Health Lead Toolkit worth £49.99+VAT*
Following the course you will be asked to complete a school-based audit on mental health and wellbeing which is analysed, assessed by our expert consultant who will give feedback and advise on a way forward.
• Understand the current expectations of the designated mental health lead role;
• Provide framework for developing an action plan;
• Help staff to identify students who show signs of mental health issues;
• Ways to up skill staff regarding the importance of mental health and wellbeing;
• Create effective communication with external agencies including CAMHS to ensure successful referrals and support;
• Understand the importance of the Mental Health Lead’s supervision, health and well-being;
• Gain knowledge of key CPD training essential for the role;
• Understand the key elements of an effective toolkit to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
The Mental Health Lead Toolkit includes:
- • Clearly define the mental health lead role within the school
• Create a school mental health policy;
• Record student concerns and interventions;
• Engage effectively with parents to support their child’s mental health;
• Coordinate, record and document meetings.
Online via Zoom
Aimed at anyone who is interested in becoming the school’s designated mental health lead.
If you have attended the mental health first aid course or similar courses this is a potential next step in your training.
“Excellent! I found this role so daunting but this has given me clear aims to help me tackle becoming the Mental Health Lead head on!”
“Great session – highly informative! I feel very well equip to approach my head and discuss me confidently taking on this role!”
“Excellent from start to finish – excellent toolkit I can fully utilise within my organisation.”
“I can adapt the training and resources straight away! Best kind of training!”
“The training has been informative, helpful and provides comprehensive guidelines regarding what to do after the training. I was poorly prepared, due to not actually having knowledge of school polices and practices, but I now have somewhere to start. Karen Ferguson was especially friendly; a wealth of knowledge and experience. I feel that Karen promoted the role of mental health lead as being do-able despite the sometimes challenging and overwhelming elements that it can bring. The training has left me with some tools to help me start communicating with staff and pupils in order to make positive changes in our Primary school regarding mental health policies and practice, Thank you”
“I enjoyed the mental health lead role training as it’s provided plenty of opportunities to collaborate with professionals from other school. I obtained lots of practical strategies that I can use in my school and help myself be organised and focussed in this busy role.”
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
|Date and Location||
11th November 2021, 14th October 2021, 1st December 2021, 28th January 2022, 8th March 2022