Shift Your Mindset: Outstanding Behaviour Management
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
When we focus on our own behaviour as adults, dramatic positive changes can take place in the behaviour of children and young people. We as practitioners need to be invested in a consistent approach, that will be understood and respected by pupils.
This course ‘Shift Your Mindset: Outstanding Behaviour Management’ is designed to provide teaching and non-teaching staff with a set of techniques and strategies to help reframe approaches, perceptions and expectations around behaviour. By implementing these will not only allow us to deliver and implement highly effective behaviour management but will also teach our pupils fundamental skills to help them succeed and progress through school/college.
• Understand the impact your mindset has on your actions;
• Challenge typical or traditional perceptions around behaviour;
• Practice reframing behaviour to elicit the desire response;
• Learn the impact and power of body language in your communication with pupils;
• Understand the impact of the words you say and how you say them;
• Implement clear expectations to create a positive culture;
• Learn how to build positive relationships with your pupils;
• Implement a plan for environmental considerations;
• Implement consistent approaches and create a positive culture;
• Consider using the SID Model to your advantage;
• Leave with a kit bag of workable and manageable solutions to consistently promote positive behaviours in school/college.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with children/young people who are looking to manage behaviour more effectively. Ideal for school/college-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, mental health lead, school support staff and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
24th May 2022, 28th September 2022