Why Won’t That Child Behave? Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour
Contact us for INSET / In-house training availability
The why won’t that child behave training course looks at some of the reasons why a handful of children cause the greatest disruption within schools. Identifying pupil behaviour when hyperaroused and/or disassociated as well as their attachment styles can significantly help to form effective strategies to help reduce future challenging behaviour. The course is design around putting theory into practice through a kit bag of practical strategies to help in the process of behaviour change.
- • Understand brain development from early years to adolescents;
- • Develop an understanding of hyperarousal and disassociation;
- • Identify the different attachment styles;
- • Learn the implication involved in interrupted stages of development;
- • Implement effective strategies to help promote positive behaviour
- • Practice strategies and approached for challenging behaviour;
- • Understand the functions of behaviour;
- • Practice a range of de-escalation techniques appropriate to context;
- • Understand the model of positive behaviour support;
- • Identify and make consistent responses to challenging behaviours displayed by students;
- • Learn skills and strategies for repairing the relationship;
- • Ways to stay positive when things get tough.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students with challenging behaviour. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, mental health lead, school support staff and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher. As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
“The whole day was excellent the best course I have attended in years, with so much useful, interesting information. Thank you for such a fabulous course. It was exactly what our school needs at present confirmation of what we are doing plus ways to improve. BRILLIANT! Keep up the great work! Love your way of making a challenging subject fun.”
“Fantastic, thank you! A great insight into changing behaviour in children through ourselves. Thoroughly enjoyable and exceeded my expectations with so many real and usable strategies. Thank you.”
“Fantastic delivery, informative and enjoyable one of the best courses I’ve been on for a while.”
|Date and Location||
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation