Mindfulness & Wellbeing for Schools, Teachers and Students
This course is available as INSET / In-house training at your school / organisation. Contact us for further information.
The mindfulness and wellbeing for schools, teachers and students training course is a very practical and inspiring exploration of wellbeing and mindfulness. What exactly are they, why do they matter, how do they complement each other, and what can teachers do to develop them in a humane and efficient manner? Drawing on thirty years of meditation practice and work in schools, Will Ord will give participants a “no-nonsense” practical guide to developing key learning capacities (attention, self-regulation, wellbeing etc.) with students and school staff.
- • Explore what is mindfulness and wellbeing what are they, and how do they relate to each other;
- • Look at ways mindfulness help develop student wellbeingandteacher wellbeing;
- • Explore how students can be supported to develop their attention and self-regulation with mindfulness exercises;
- • Look at practical tools and mindfulness techniques students can learn to help promote wellbeing and develop emotional resilience;
- • Leave with a kit bag of practical techniques for immediate application in the classroom;
- • Support teachers and school support staff in developing great learning skills and attitudes with students.
Aimed at anyone who is looking to implement and/or develop within mindfulness and wellbeing in order to support school staff and students. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“The best course we have ever been on. Will was amazing and he kept us engaged throughout. It has given us fantastic ideas – thank you.”
“Pupils are more engaged in their learning, challenging themselves more, and taking more responsibility. This has been noted by visitors and Ofsted”.
“The impact on both pupils and staff in school has been outstanding, such practical ideas that all work”.
“Excellent, well-organised day and I will go away with some great ideas to improve learning for young people.”
|Date and Location||
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation