‘Bounce Forward: Practical Ways to Develop Resilient Students’ Live Online Training
£89.00 + VAT
Course: 2 hour live online session
Developing student’s resilienceis now being seen as just as important as academic learning and wellbeing. According to research that resilient students achieve higher attendance, more positive behaviour, and achieve greater academic outcomes.
The ‘Bounce Forward; Practical Ways to Develop Resilient Students’ training course is designed for participants to gain a deeper understanding as well as explore a kit bag of research-based practical approaches and strategies to support building resilience in children.
Everybody at some time in their lives suffers from adversity, but it is how we bounce forward that matters. This course also includes a 10-session programme proving a structured approach with practical interventions and strategies for building resilience in children.
This course will not only be informative but will also provide a kit bag of strategies and top tips.
- • Unpick what is resilience and why it is important;
- • Understand why resilience in important for students;
- • Understand the theories that support resilience;
- • Look at applying the ResilienceFramework;
- • Practice techniques to help develop resilience;
- • Look at how to measure resilience;
- • Gain an understanding of resilient language;
- • Explore the link between thoughts, feelings and behaviour;
- • Understand that resilience skills can help us understand why we react the way we do.
Live online course
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who want to develop and build their resilience as well as understand resilience in more detail. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO,special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“Child-centred training which allows you to reflect on your own practice and resilience, and how it impacts the children.”
“Such a wealth of information on tools, resilience, ideas and mindfulness to take away and implement how we choose to best make a difference to our children.”
“Fun, personable and plenty of opportunity for discussions! We have taken away actual resources to use in school – this is fantastic.”
|Date and Location|
Thursday, 23rd July 2020 1:30pm – 3:30pm, Wednesday 8th July 2020 1:30pm – 3:30pm