What’s in a label? Developing knowledge of your neurodivergent community in school and college.
This training course is available as in-house training.
Are you looking for ways to:
• bring the best out of your audience by offering them an excellent online training experience?
• promote learning and engagement online?
• facilitate effective and motivating meetings with staff/parents?
The aim of this half day Effective Ways of Delivering Live Online Training course is designed to increase the skills and confidence of teaching/non-teaching staff and group-leaders to engage with participants through the use of interactive online tools. There are lots of practical exercises for participants to learn how to annotate a picture, work in breakout rooms, answer and create a quiz in Mentimeter, hide your desktop icons, answer a quiz in Socrative and create a joint Padlet bulletin board.
This session will look at how to include and devise online games, quizzes and other activities that promote learning and involvement. We will be looking at how learners can collaborate and jointly annotate diagrams, use the whiteboard and get learners to work in smaller groups using the breakout rooms feature. We will also look at how to use mobile phones; to vote in polls, answer online questions, and promote feedback.
The training will be divided into three sections, Preparation, Presentation and Getting Active.
Would you like to book in-house training?
Contact us today and speak to one of our team.
• Choosing the right platform i.e. Zoom, Blackboard or Teams
• Look at ways to optimise equipment for online training
• Confidently set up equipment and security
• Understand the benefits of using dual screens compared to a single screen
• Promote top tips for online etiquette and safe practice
• Look at ways to ensure duty of care and safeguarding
• Consider the benefits of cabled connections over wifi
• Trouble-shoot problems
• How to use PowerPoint and share your screen
• Ways of controlling and developing the learning environment
• Look at simple but effective ways to improve audience engagement
• Consider plug in’s and add on’s such as Slido, Socrative, Mentimeter, Padlet, and Ahaslides,
• Look at ways to collaborate and annotate diagrams
• Understand how to use features like the whiteboard, breakout rooms and chat
• Create polls, interactive quizzes, feedback and how to access via mobile phone and computer
• Ways to use online games, quizzes and other activities to promote interaction
• Create interesting and effective resources
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with children, young people, staff or parents who want to develop greater confidence and skill in delivering online learning, training and/or meetings.
Don’t just take our word for it, visit our social media pages for live feedback.
We currently have no upcoming dates for this course - Please contact us for more information or if you would like this course delivered as in-house training.