Developing Your Autism Acceptance & Understanding
£185.00 + VAT
Live online training 9:30am – 3:00pm
This Developing Your Autism Acceptance and Understanding training course is designed to develop participants’ understanding and knowledge of Autism (Autism Spectrum Disorder) including the various barriers and challenges students may face day-to-day.
Diagnoses are on the rise and it is estimated that approximately one in every hundred children in the UK has Autism. It is thought that for every three children with a diagnosis of Autism there are another two children who have the condition but have not been given a formal diagnosis.
Participants will leave with not only a deeper understanding and knowledge but also uncomplicated strategies and techniques to enable students to access, enjoy and succeed in school.
• Gain an understanding of the history and possible causes of Autism;
• Develop knowledge around Autism and neurodiversity;
• Understand the different conditions which could be related to autism;
• Understand the co-morbidity and diagnostic process;
• Gain an awareness of communication and sensory challenges;
• Look at the behavioural patterns of a student who has Autism;
• Develop an understanding of the key interventions and strategies available;
• Identify how to improve autism awareness within your setting, school or college;
• Look at clear links to supporting parents and staff.
“Just wanted to thank you again for today’s course. Left the training not only more aware of what children with autism are dealing with on a daily basis but also ways to help them. You made me believe that we can make a difference and it is a good feeling.”
“I am leaving with a much better understanding of my ASC students.”
“Knowing how I can personally help students is invaluable.”
“It was good to get practical advice relevant to teaching.”
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.