Developing Mindset, Building Resilience in Children & Young People – Live Online Course
£215.00 – £270.00 + VAT
Practical strategies and ideas for school and home.
The ‘Developing Mindset, Building Resilience in Children & Young People’ training course is designed for participants to develop practical ways to effectively embed the mindset research which has already boosted achievement and resilience within classrooms, schools/colleges and homes. Participants will have the ability to not only develop the mindset of children and young people but also help them embrace challenges, develop resilience and continue developing their learning as well as overcome challenges. The course will also look at engaging families by taking mindset and resilience strategies into the home and includes the Family Growth Mindset Scheme file and CD.
An ideal course to support the recovery process caused by the challenges of COVID-19 and the impact experienced by children, young people and families.
• Understand what is meant by mindset and resilience and look at ways to put it into practice;
• Unpick the latest research based on developing mindset and overcoming belief systems;
• Unpick how a positive mindset can increase achievement;
• Help build and develop children and young people’s resilience and motivation;
• Develop language to help think and talk about learning/challenges;
• Understand the impact of positive reinforcement and target setting;
• Look at ways to take mindset and resilience into the home to help support families.
This course includes the Family Growth Mindset Scheme pack and CD worth £295+VAT
Family Growth Mindset Scheme includes:
• Practical ways for the family to positively reinforce their child so that they feel motivated;
• Effective questions for the family to use as an alternative to praise;
• Practical ways for the family to improve behaviour and motivation to learn;
• Tools to establish family members’ mindset;
• Effective ways for the family to deliver feedback in order to motivate and build resilience;
• A structured bank of fun and exciting activities for the family to promote and develop motivation, effort, resilience
Learn more about the pack here https://nsmtc.co.uk/product/family-growth-mindset-scheme-pack/
Take a look inside the pack here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sASbHeolM
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with children, young people and families looking for ways to develop and mindset and resilience. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“This was a powerful session. As an NQT, I really enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to other practitioners about resilience strategies. I can’t wait to start using them.”
“Very informative course delivered in a professional and fun way.”
“I would just like to thank you for an outstanding course today. You are a truly inspirational person and delivered a Fabulous course which was not just inspiring but also really good fun. Thank you for the fabulous resources and such a great day.”
“Fantastic course, great fun and lots of great tips and games to play.”
“Thank you for a wonderful day. Nicola makes a day of virtual training so interactive and fun.”
“Developing Mindset, Building Resilience in Children & Young People course has really given me the tools to support children and families after the last year of chaos. Being good role models to children and how to deal with situations will give them the foundations to be successful. Brilliant. Thank you.”
“Amazing training, engaging and knowledgeable trainer very impressed WILL highly recommend to my Head of School, most interesting and helpful training I HAVE HAD EVER! I love Nic. Will be looking for her training and book again after today!”
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad & the Family Growth Mindset File and CD will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
18th January 2022, 19th October 2021