A Kit Bag: Promoting Positive Behaviour Course
This course could be delivered at your school / organisation. Contact us for more detail.
The ‘Promoting Positive Behaviour’ training course is bursting with tried and tested practical ideas and behaviour management strategies to improve relationships and behaviour within your school and/or classroom. Focusing on setting up effective systems for expectations, rules, correctives and positive reinforcements linked to the whole school positive behaviour policy. There will also be a focus on classroom management as well as behaviour management techniques for challenging behaviour. All the strategies and systems are based on consistency and fairness to create a positive learning environment and help students understand and manage their behaviour. Providing participant with an effective teacher toolkit for positive behaviour.
- • Establish why some students misbehave;
- • Learn dynamic strategies to effectively deal with low-level and challenging behaviour;
- • Review rules, routines and correctives;
- • Construct a graduated response for behaviour;
- • Practice techniques to de-escalate low-level to challenging behaviour;
- • Build successful teacher-student relationships;
- • Look at a restorative approach to behaviour;
- • Engage in positive talk to reduce confrontation;
- • Look at the research behind positive reinforcement;
- • Practice ways to positively reinforce;
- • Strategies to implement positive behaviour support.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who want to understand positive behaviour management in more detail and learn ways to help students understand and manage their own behaviour. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“Fantastic course, very enjoyable and most importantly informative. You covered all this in information with a great sense of humour. I found the information on the restructuring of the brain really interesting. Great delivery. Thank you.”
“Excellent, your training last time was brilliant also. You have such a good way of teaching such an important aspect of school. Can you come and stay with us full time?! Thank you”
“Absolutely loved this course – lots of practical ideas that can be taken straight back to the classroom and shared easily with SLT and colleagues. Thank you.”
“Practical with lots of humour to keep us going. Relevant to me in the classroom. A course that I can relate to everyday in the classroom and go back to school and implement. Thank you.”
|Date and Location||
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation