Trauma, Anxiety and Mental Health Training: Practical and effective ways to work with students Course
£185.00 + VAT
9:30am – 3:00pm – live online training
The Trauma, Anxiety and Mental Health training is designed to give participants a toolkit of information, resources and practical strategies to manage and support students as well as create an inclusive school where everyone feels safe and valued. Schools have a key role to play in supporting students to achieve their potential and improve their emotional wellbeing.
Traumatic experiences either related directly or indirectly to COVID-19 can affect student’s learning and behaviour. The need to identify possible signs of trauma is crucial as well as tailoring a trauma-informed approach to address the individual’s needs.
Anxiety can not only impact on learning but can also decrease motivation and effect memory therefore it is important to teach and support students how to manage their emotions and consequently improve their academic performance.
This course provides participants with tools, techniques, suggested resources and practical strategies to take back to school.
• Look at the impact of COVID-19 on student mental health;
• Follow a framework when faced with a student who displays a mental health concern;
• Gain a clear understanding of what is meant by trauma;
• Understand the impact of trauma and adversity on students;
• Recognise possible signs of trauma;
• Learn ways of developing trauma informed approaches;
• Look at ways to support students with trauma;
• Understand what is anxiety and the symptoms of anxiety;
• Recognising signs and symptoms of anxiety;
• Explore effective ways to manage anxiety;
• Implement resilience-based approaches;
• Implement ways to make schools safe places for students.
• Identify ways to sign post, support and guide individuals to seek appropriate help and establish when to involve external agencies
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to help support student positive mental health. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
|Date and Location||
1st December 2020