The Three R’s of HR – Online training course for School Managers with HR responsibilities
£245.00 + VAT
Day 1 – 27th January 2021 (Module 1 & 2)
Day 2 – 10th February 2021 (Module 3, 4 & 5)
Day 3 – 24th February 2021 (Module 6)
Managing people can often be the most challenging area of running any organisation because every one of them is individual, with a different set of personal and professional values, and they don’t behave in the same way. Add to that a complex framework of employment law and it can be difficult to know what to do for the best when you have a people issue arise
There are many models of HR out there, but this course keeps it simple by focusing on the three R’s -Recruit, Retain and Release. We’ll focus on some of the key areas within each of these R’s that can be difficult to navigate.
The course is delivered in six online live modules, each lasting 1.5 hours, where you’ll have the opportunity to interact with the trainer to maximise your learning. Each module will provide an overview of the relevant employment law as well as practical guidance and relevant examples to work through. We’ll also look at the impact of COVID-19 on these areas.
Following the final module, you’ll have the option for a one-to-one half hour support call with the trainer where you can check your understanding and ask any questions specific to you and your school.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
• Feel more confident making day-to-day HR decisions
• Understand how to comply with your key legal obligations
• Bring benefit to your school by ensuring your HR practices are designed to maximise employee engagement and retention
• Develop a consistent but flexible approach to people management that supports the needs of your school
Module 1 – Maximising your chances for successful recruitment from the start
Module 2 – Creating the best recruitment and onboarding experience
Module 3 – How to work with staff who aren’t in work
Module 4 – Taking performance seriously
Module 5 – Balancing staff needs with school needs (family friendly
policies and obligations)
Module 6 – Leaving the right way and on the best terms possible
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 1:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Mid-morning breaks will be given to make the morning comfortable and enjoyable.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
We will send you a pack in the post with a £10 gift voucher for lunch, a treat for break time, and all handouts and activity packs that you’ll need. These will also be sent as a digital editable version during the session.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
Process Review Package
If you don’t review your HR processes, you put the following things at risk:
• Employee engagement
• HR service quality
• Data and reporting accuracy
• Legal compliance
• Ability to recruit and retain great HR people
My mission is to help in-house HR teams who have so much on their plates that they can’t get to the process reviews that will actually improve their efficiency.
If this is you, then my HR Process Review Package will do it for you.
For £1750* you will get:
• An “As Is” process map showing you exactly what your current process is and all its complexities.
• A re-designed process (and supporting documents as appropriate) to simplify your process, ensuring it is user friendly, legally compliant and fit for your business culture.
• An implementation plan to ensure that the new process is embedded and maximised within your business.
Pick your process:
• Recruitment & Selection
• Attendance Management
• Family Leave (maternity, paternity, SPL)
• Discipline, Grievance and Performance
(please let us know if you have a process that needs to be reviewed and isn’t included in the above list, we’ll be happy to provide a proposal for this)
Need more than one process reviewed? The second and subsequent processes receive a 10% discount.
|Date and Location||
27th January, 10th February & 24th February 2021,