The Recovery Curriculum: Re-engage and Re-integrate Students Back into School
£89.00 + VAT
Course: 2 hour live online course
The Recovery Curriculum training course is designed to give practical advice and guidance to help re-engage and re-integrate students on their return to school.
With schools gradually reopening and staff reconnecting with their studentsit’s crucial to plan a way forward especially as some children have socially isolated for over eight weeks. Every child’s experience of the recent pandemic will be different and the way they have and will learn to deal with disruption to their routines, lack of freedom, worry and loss will be displayed in different ways and at different times.
The session will also be spent looking at the framework by Professor Barry Carpenter on the 5 Levers, these include relationships, community, transparent curriculum, metacognition and space, and how these can help school staff prepare for the recovery phase.
- • Understanding what is meant by the Recovery Curriculum;
- • Unpick the 5 Levers: relationships, community, transparent curriculum, metacognition and space;
- • Look at ways to create a safe and secure environment to consider the needs, mental health, student wellbeing and recovery of the children;
- • Re-assess the aims and values to create a values based educationwhole school approach;
- • Implement systems and strategies to support daily structure, positive relationships and how to build resilience.
Live Online Trai
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to integrate the Recovery Curriculum. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
|Date and Location|
Friday 2nd October 2020, Monday, 27th July 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, Tuesday 30th June 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, Wednesday, 15th July 9:30am – 11:30am