The Digital Pencil Case: the power of technology to enhance learning across the curriculum
9:30am – 3:00pm – Dates to be confirmed
Dates to be confirmedFrom English through to science, art through to PSHE, this course will present practical workshops to take teachers and teaching assistants through apps, sites and projects which can easily be delivered to enhance pupils’ learning.
Practical tips will be given to develop literacy, cross curricular topic work, art, music and much more, through the use technology to engage pupils’ imagination, creativity and pedantry. When pupils learn to share their voice effectively and powerfully, they get a head start in life with these super skills. This course will explore exciting ways to ignite learning with technology.
- • Evaluate current practices around the use of technology in your context;
- • How to select appropriate technologies and implementation approaches to support effective teaching and learning;
- • Compare technology platforms to support effective teaching and learning;
- • Look at exciting ways to ignite writing with technology;
- • Engage in opportunities to experiment with a wide range of tools for recording stories, poems, commentaries etc.
- • Share sites which can super-charge pupils’ writing;
- • Look at approaches to teaching punctuation and grammar through live engagement with relevant work rather than detached worksheets;
- • Interpret the relevance of research about communication, collaboration, memory and feedback to the use of technology
- • Share great sites and demonstrate how pupils can record and present their research;
- • Understand how to use digital tools to share and control access to pupils’ work;
- • Look at how to present, share or publish work;
- • Learn about the logistics of managing student’s online learning via Google Classroom and other tools.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with pupils who want to develop greater confidence and skill in using technology to enhance learning across the curriculum. Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, special education teachers, teaching assistants, and anyone with a supporting role in the classroom in primary, secondary, further and higher education.
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.