The Advanced Pastoral Leader
£185.00 + VAT
9:00am – 3:00pm – Live online
The ‘The Advanced Pastoral Leader’ training course is designed to provide the next stage to skill-up and support pastoral leaders who are either experienced or have attended the ‘Role of the Pastoral Lead’ course. This is an informative and interactive course which provides practical advice to enhance participants effectiveness in addressing the complex and diverse challenges that they face in both primary, secondary schools and colleges.
• Look at ways to develop the knowledge, skills and protocols necessary for successful pastoral intervention and support;
• Implement a supportive pastoral ethos across the whole school;
• Develop, implement and evaluate therapeutic interventions;
• Look at ways to set up a peer mentoring system in your setting;
• Understand the impact of bullying, including cyberbullying, and how to support pastorally;
• Unpick common factors affecting attendance and effective methods to improve attendance;
• Understand how to support SEN students pastorally and working effectively with the SENCo;
• Unpick the characteristics of an outstanding pastoral leader;
• Increase confidence required to respond to a diverse range of challenging pastoral situations;
• Create flexible leadership styles in order to develop team cohesion;
• Effective ways of working effectively with staff who have well established mindsets;
• Gain clarity as to the contribution that pastoral teams can make in monitoring the academic performance of young people towards higher achievement;
• Discuss effective ways to monitor and track of student performance;
• Understand and meet the requirements to attain an outstanding inspection judgement for Ofsted/Estyn.
Aimed at anyone who have already attended the ‘Role of the Pastoral Lead’ course or experienced within the pastoral role/pastoral leadership. Also, for those who are considering a move into a head of year/house/faculty role.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
1st July 2021