School Attendance: Getting it right through COVID-19
Available as in-house trainiing.
Live online training
This live online training course is designed to provide participants with up-to-date information and amended guidance from the DFE in light of the COVID-19 pandemic to reflect the current situation. Schools and school staff have been required to demonstrate continuous flexibility and resilience to manage change. This one day course will examine key practice and strategic elements required for effective attendance management. Trainers have ensured there is built-in time for comments and questions.
• The DFE new guidance around coding and reporting requirements;
• Look at ways to adapt your practice to ensure you are meeting legal and safeguarding requirements in relation to attendance;
• Apply the changes in coding COVID absence;
• Look at engagement in learning/remote learning – What are the challenges and solutions?
• Understand what are key areas of focus for OFSTED/ESTYN;
• Look at how to overcome barriers to maintaining and improving attendance, scenario-specific examples illustrating new emerging issues.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with student attendance in FE Colleges, schools and early years settings. Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, designated safeguarding lead, school governors, education welfare officer and business managers.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour scheduled for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.