Restorative Practice: An effective way to manage behaviour, build healthy relationships and improve wellbeing within schools
This restorative practice training course provides practical guidance on how to implement restorative practices in schools in a sustainable way. This approach looks at resolving conflict and preventing harm as well as promoting positive behaviourand improving wellbeing. It is an outcome-focused process that ensures responsibility and reparation by the student who has broken school rules. It is supportive too of victims and gives them a voice. The training also focuses on the importance of building and repairing relationships between staff and students.
- • Gain a deeper understanding of restorative practices;
- • Unpick a restorative whole school policy;
- • Understand the steps involved in the approach;
- • Practice the skills needed for restorative practice interventions and conferences;
- • Learn the importance of connection, relationships and belonging;
- • Understand the restorative meeting process for managing behaviour and offering an alternative to sanctions;
- • Gain skills and strategies to manage low level to challenging behaviour using the approach.
Contact us for INSET / In-house training availability
Aimed at anyone who is looking for an effective whole school restorative approach to manage behaviour, build healthy relationships and improve wellbeing.
Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO,special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, mental health lead, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“Excellent course, really interesting and something I feel would be of great use to us and pupils in our school.”
“Very informative. New strategies gained, Confidence in delivering strategies and approach. Sound knowledge of restorative approaches. A brilliant course, incredibly well delivered. Thoroughly enjoyed it.”
“Excellent day, first class delivery, fun and friendly, relevant to mental and emotional health and well being, supports ethos of healthy schools.”
“Excellent, highlighted ways we can improve as a school and my own practice – always room for improvement! Made me think about questioning and phrases.”
“Excellent. Nicola was very personable and approachable. Clear content. Very informative. Lots of ideas to take back to school. Nicola was fun also, kept everyone engaged inspiring!”
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation