Putting Children in The Driving Seat – Pupil participation and leadership in the context of the primary school
This pupil participation and leadership training course will focus on how to transform your school into a pupil led learning organisation. Practical pedagogical approachesunderpinned by sound theoretical principles and how it has successfully been put into practice in real school settings. Giving pupils a voice and a choice in their learning helps them become ambitious, resilient, independent learners.
- • Understand how to involve pupils in policy making;
- • Learn how to use pupil participation groups to monitor classroom learning e.g. learning detectives;
- • Understand how to use pupil participation groups to monitor pupil voice;
- • Practical ways to involve pupils in effective self-evaluation and school development planning;
- • Understand how to give pupil voice in curriculum planning and teaching;
- • Learn how to have effective school to school pupil participation;
- • Investigate ways of developing pupils as resilient learners.
Contact us for INSET / In-house training availability
Aimed at anyone who works in schools and who want to develop pupil participation and leadership. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“It has given me an insight of what outstanding pupil participation is and the steps involved to get there. Very worthwhile training!”
“Evaluated our current strategies and gave us a focus for improvement. Channelled our energy with a new framework and curriculum with the children as the main focus.”
This course is available as a course in your school / organisation. Contact us for further details.
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation