Professional Development in Neurodiversity -Practical ways to support children & young people in school & college
£185.00 + VAT
9:30am – 3:00pm – Live online
The Professional Development in Neurodiversity training course provides participants with a deeper knowledge as well as practical ways to support children and young people in school and college. During the day participants will develop their understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) such as Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, Autism, Specific Language Impairment, Working Memory, Anxiety and Trauma. All will leave with reassuringly uncomplicated strategies and techniques.
• An understanding of neurodiversity and the different SpLDs;
• Discuss latest evidence-based research;
• Understand how to profile neurodiverse students;
• Learn which classroom strategies benefit which pupils/students;
• Develop a learner profile for your pupils/students;
• Generate an awareness of communication and sensory needs;
• Understanding of the barriers of various conditions and the impact they may have;
• Developing strategies around frustration and anxiety;
• Look at strategies and techniques to address the barriers and modify the impact.
Aimed at for teachers, educators and allied health professionals who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding around Neurodiversity. Also ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, school support staff and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher. As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
18th January 2022, 1st March 2022