Practical systems and strategies for teaching and managing students with PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) / ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) Course
This course could be delivered at your school / organisation. Contact us for more detail.
The practical systems and strategies for teaching and managing students with Pathological Demand Avoidance/ Oppositional Defiant Disorder training course is designed to give participants an insight, understanding and provide a kit bag of strategies. Participants will be given a range of options for inclusive educational approaches and uncomplicated strategies to meet the needs of children and young persons with PDA/ODD to support them effectively.
- • Understand what causes pathological demand avoidance;
- • Gain an insight into what is oppositional defiant disorder;
- • Understanding of the barriers and the impact they may have;
- • Gain an awareness of communication and sensory needs and issues;
- • Practice strategies and techniques to address the barriers and modify impact;
- • Explore ways to de-escalate challenging behaviour;
- • Understanding of possible triggers and behaviour;
- • Develop an understanding of the key principles and strategies of positive behaviour linked to the conditions;
- • Work through some case studies to further develop ideas and share experiences.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students with Pathological Demand Avoidance / Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, classroom assistant, educational psychologists, school support staff and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
“Fantastic course, probably the best most useful one I have attended in a long time. Relaxed but very informative presentation, small group which was great, lots of time to discuss ideas and lots of ideas to share with staff at school.”
“Fantastic training allowing me to improve my professional practice with my pastoral role in school. Simultaneously enhancing my confidence when working with children and the staff within the school. Thank you.”
“Excellent course. Very interactive, interesting and diverse. Trainer was very knowledgeable.”
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation