Practical Strategies to Increase Parental Involvement in School Course
This course is available as INSET / In-house training at your school / organisation. Contact us for more details.
The practical strategies to increase parental involvementin school training course provides participants with practical strategies and ideas that will contribute to the effective engagement of families and the involvement of parents in their child’s education. Parental engagement with school staff has a significant and very positive impact on children’s learning, and strategies presented have been extensively trailed in a variety of different settings. Throughout the course participants are shown how to understand the importance of family engagement, increase parental involvement and evidence the outcomes.
- • Discuss effective strategies to engage more parents including the hard to reach and difficult to engage;
- • Discover ways to make your school more accessible to parents;
- • Understand barriers to parental involvement;
- • Look at ways to work with parents to improve behaviour and attendance;
- • Develop ways to raise standards through parental engagement;
- • Embed a positive approach to parent voice;
- • Look at parental involvement in education policies;
- • Use technology to build parental interest and engagement.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with parents and families whowant to increase parental involvement.
Ideal for school-based staff including head teachers, deputy headteacher, teachers, family support worker, designated safeguarding lead, education welfare officer, pastoral support, supervisor, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, school receptionist, mental health lead, pastoral lead teacher, local authority staff and multidisciplinary teams.
“Fantastic course very well delivered very interesting and informative. Just want to get on with my ideas for engaging the out of reach parents now.”
“A very positive, informal and informative course. Helped me to see what “I am” achieving and how to reach where I want to be with my families.”
“A very informative course and excellent ideas to take to school.”
“I really enjoyed the day, learnt a lot and feel like I’m going back to school armed with loads of different strategies to engage parents.”
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation