Live Online Course – Managing Trauma in Children and Young People During COVID-19
£89.00 + VAT
Course: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The managing trauma in children and young people during COVID-19 training course is designed to help participants gain an understanding of trauma as well as trauma-informed approaches in light of the recent pandemic. Traumatic experiences either related directly or indirectly to COVID-19 can affect children’s learning and behaviour. The need to identify possible signs of trauma is crucial as well as tailoring a trauma-informed approach to address the individual’s needs.
With schools gradually reopening and staff reconnecting with their studentsit’s crucial to plan a way forward and adopt a trauma-informed approach not only for students but also staff.
This course will not only be informative but will also provide a kit bag of strategies and top tips.
- • Gain a clear understand of what is meant by trauma;
- • Understand trauma in the context of COVID-19;
- • Understand the impact of trauma and adversity on children and young people;
- • Recognise possible signs of trauma;
- • Learn ways of developing trauma informed approaches;
- • Look at ways to support children with trauma;
- • Implement resilience-based approaches;
- • Understand how to become a trauma informed school;
- • Implement ways to make schools safe places for students.
Live online course
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to understand trauma in relation to COVID-19 in more detail and learn ways to help support students. Ideal for school-based staff includingteachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, classroom assistant, educational psychologists and pastoral care staff. As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
|Date and Location|
14th July 2020 9:30am – 12:30pm, 23rd June 2020 SOLD OUT, 25th June 2020 SOLD OUT, 29th July 2020 9:30am – 12:30pm, 29th June 2020 9:30am – 12:30pm