Creating An Outstanding Nurture Group Course
£155.00 – £185.00 + VAT
The Creating an Outstanding Nurture Group training course is designed to improve participants’ understanding of nurture groups as well as how to set up and/or develop an existing nurture group. Time will be spent on the theory of nurture as well as the benefits of using strategies to identify children who will benefit from nurture interventions in school, as well ways to encourage children to build their confidence and learn positive behaviour. This course will also examine what makes an outstanding nurture group by unpicking what ‘good practice’ looks like and how to prepare for inspection.
• Understand the theoretical background that underpins the Nurture Group approach and the principles in everyday practice;
• Develop an understanding of the current thinking about how children learn in relation to the nurture group context;
• Set up and implement effective modes of classroom organisation and management including the identification and assessment of children;
• Nurture group routines;
• Create curriculum structure and development plan including nurture group activities;
• Look at how to evaluate and monitor student progress including record keeping strategies
• Develop working relationship with parents and carers;
• Unpick a nurture group policy;
• Explore ways to re-integrate students from the Nurture Groups into mainstream classrooms;
• Develop an action plan to move forward
Aimed at anyone who works in a nurture group or is looking to set up a nurture provision. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“I wasn’t sure what to expect from this training as it is something I did not know very much about, but the information and organisation of this training was brilliant, Karen was fantastic and I already cannot wait to start the process of running nurture groups in our school.”
“A very interesting, though provoking day. Fantastic trainer full of great theory, advice, ideas etc.”
“Very relevant and interesting. Provided me with lots of ideas to improve my existing nurture group and to pass onto teaching staff.”
“A Fantastic course delivered with enthusiasm. It has left me with a clear understanding of the expectations and requirements needed to set up a nurture group.”
“Extremely beneficial – very good mix between reasons for behaviour and how to set up a nurture group, balance between theory and practice. Can’t wait to go back to school to start on our journey to establish a nurture group. Thank you.”
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm live online training via Zoom
Trainer will be in the room at 9:15am and until 3:30pm to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Breaks for mid morning and afternoon including an hour for lunch will also be given.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
Information and links will be emailed to you prior and during the course.
Your pack including handouts, a M&S gift voucher for food, snack pen and notepad will be posted to you prior to the course.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
This course is also available as in-house / INSET training at your school. Contact us for details.
|Date and Location||
15th November 2022, 28th June 2022, 29th September 2022