Creating An Outstanding Nurture Group Course
This course could be delivered in your school / organisation. Contact us for further details.
The creating an outstanding nurture group training course is designed tohelp participants develop their understanding of nurture groups as well as a step-by-step guide to set up and/or develop a nurture group. Time will be spent on the benefits of using the Boxall Profile to identify children who will benefit from nurture groups in schools as well ways to encourage children to build their confidence and learn positive behaviour. The course will also examine what makes an outstanding nurture group and how to prepare for inspection.
- • Understand the theoretical background that underpins the Nurture Group approach and the
principles in everyday practice;
- • Develop an understanding of the current thinking about how children learn in relation to the nurture
- • Set up and implement effective modes of classroom organisation and management including the
identification and assessment of children;
- • Nurture group routines;
- • Create curriculum structure and development plan includingnurture group activities;
- • Look at hoe to evaluating and monitoring student progress including record keeping using the Boxall
- • Develop working relationship with parents and carers;
- • Unpick a nurture group policy;
- • Explore ways to re-integrate students from the Nurture Groups into mainstream classrooms.
Aimed at anyone who works in a nurture group or is looking to set up a nurture provision. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, educational psychologists and pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
“A very interesting, though provoking day. Fantastic trainer full of great theory, advice, ideas etc.”
“Very relevant and interesting. Provided me with lots of ideas to improve my existing nurture group and to pass onto teaching staff.”
“A Fantastic course delivered with enthusiasm. It has left me with a clear understanding of the expectations and requirements needed to set up a nurture group. Diolch Julie.”
“Extremely beneficial – very good mix between reasons for behaviour and how to set up a nurture group, balance between theory and practice. Can’t wait to go back to school to start on our journey to establish a nurture group. Thank you.”
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation