Bounce Forward: Practical ways to Develop Resilient Students
Registration 9:00am – 9:30am
Course 9:30am – 3:30pm
Developing student’s resilienceis now being seen as just as important as academic learning and wellbeing. According to research that resilient students achieve higher attendance, more positive behaviour, and achieve greater academic outcomes.
The ‘Bounce Forward Practical Ways to Develop Resilient Students’ training course is designed for participants to gain a deeper understanding as well as explore a kit bag of research-based practical approaches and strategies to support building resilience in children.
Everybody at some time in their lives suffers from adversity, but it is how we bounce forward that matters. This course also includes a 10-session programme proving a structured approach with practical interventions and strategies for building resilience in children.
This course will not only be informative but will also provide a kit bag of strategies and top tips.
The course includes a FREE* copy of the Bounce Forward: A 10 Session Programme – Developing Student Resilience
Bounce Forward: A 10 Session Programme – Developing Student Resilience
This programme is a non-prescriptive, flexible approach which can be used as a whole or dipped in and out of according to the facilitator’s aims and needs of the group/individual. The facilitator is encouraged to use other resources and materials, spend more time on some activities than others and adapt activities according to the age and ability of the group/individual and time available.
- • Unpick what is resilience and why it is important;
- • Understand why resilience in important for students;
- • Understand the theories that support resilience;
- • Look at applying the ResilienceFramework;
- • Practice techniques to help develop resilience;
- • Look at how to measure resilience ;
- • Gain an understanding of resilient language;
- • Explore the link between thoughts, feelings and behaviour;
- • Create a whole school approach to resilience;
- • Support students to strategically build systemic resilience skills into their learning;
- • Understand academic resilienceand its benefits for your school;
- • Implement effective learning and coping strategies;
- • Construct practical strategies for working with individuals, groups and classes.
Online course via Zoom
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who want to develop and build their resilience as well as understand resilience in more detail. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO,special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff.
“Child-centred training which allows you to reflect on your own practice and resilience, and how it impacts the children.”
“Such a wealth of information on tools, resilience, ideas and mindfulness to take away and implement how we choose to best make a difference to our children.”
“Fun, personable and plenty of opportunity for discussions! We have taken away actual resources to use in school – this is fantastic.”
|Date and Location|
Dates available as a course at your school/organisation