An Anxious Child is not a Learning Child. Practical ways to support anxiety in students Course
£89.00 + VAT
This practical ways to support anxiety in children and young people is designed to provide participants with an understanding anxiety and how it can affect wellbeing and learning as well as develop strategies to help manage it. Anxiety can not only impact on learning but can also decrease motivation and effect memory therefore it is important to teach and support students how to manage their emotions and consequently improve their academic performance.
This course provides participants with tools, techniques, suggested resources and practical strategies to take back to school.
• Look at the impact of COVID-19 on student mental health;
• Explore why many students today suffer with anxiety;
• Understand what is anxiety and the symptoms of anxiety;
• Identify causes and triggers of anxiety;
• Look at ways to help students understand the link between learning and emotion;
• Recognising signs and symptoms of anxiety disorder;
• Explore effective ways to manage anxiety;
• Identify when to engage with specialist agencies including medical practitioners;
• Look at how to reduce anxiety and improve learning;
• Unpick ways to help students look after their own mental health and general wellbeing;
• Leave with a kit bag full of strategies, techniques and top tips to help manage anxiety.
Aimed at anyone who works directly or indirectly with students and who wants to understand anxiety in more detail and learn ways to help support students. Ideal for school-based staff including teachers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, mental health lead, educational psychologists, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
As well as multidisciplinary teams i.e. looked after children, foster care, adoption agencies, social services.
Trainer will be in the room 15 minutes before and half an hour after the training course to answer any questions or for further information etc.
Questions and discussions are welcome throughout the training. We want to make this your day.
We will ensure that the training day is made comfortable and stress free for you to enjoy wherever you are.
|Date and Location||
13th August 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, 17th September 2020 1:30pm – 3:30pm, 28th August 2020 9:30am – 11:30am, 2nd December 2020